Sunday 11 August 2019

Vava Vol on Bandcamp - August 11, 2019


Self-portrait Vava Vol 2019

In June 2016, I published my first Bandcamp release titled 'Compositions Decompositions'. This music was composed and recorded in the early 1980s using my Korg PS-3300 polyphonic modular synth and my Fostex Multi-Track Cassette 4-track PortaStudio deck. This EP was a tongue in cheek take on modern classical with a twist of noise, drones, short wave radio samples and keyboard trills.  

Photo by Sophie/Bunker Montréal 1993

Upon my return to Montreal after receiving a Canada Council grant to perform in Cold War West Berlin in 1984-1985, I compiled a 90-minute, 22-track DIY cassette package titled 'MetalArbeitenSchlinge'.  



Video still from 'Vava in Berlin'
Vava Vol 80s Archives

Video still from 'Vava in Berlin'
Vava Vol 80s Archives

Photo Paige Powell for Andy Warhol's Interview
March 1985 Issue
Vava Vol 80s Archives


MetalArbeitenSchlinge Cassette Package
Photo by Vava Vol 2019

Fast-forward to 2019 with 48 self-produced solo and collaboration releases under my belt, I continue to challenge the boundaries of eclectic, experimental electronica and those who thought I would have given up a long time ago.  My advice to aspiring experimental musicians and sound artists?  Do It Your Way!





https://vavavol.bandcamp.com/
https://vavavol.bandcamp.com/album/compositions-decompositions





No comments:

Post a Comment